Location: Manchester, M16 0PG
Salary Bracket: £28,000 - £32,000
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Apply Method: Direct Apply
Simpson Millar LLP recognise that everyone wants a service that suits their needs, which is why we have developed a range of products and services that are simple, transparent and have no hidden surprises. We provide a wide range of legal services, including: Family, Clinical Negligence, Personal Injury, Public Law, conveyancing, employment, road traffic accidents and holiday claims.
We now have a vacancy in our Manchester office for a New Business Claims Handler to work with our customers to understand what they need and to deliver the right resolution, providing an effortless claims journey throughout.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Assisting head of department manage a caseload of catastrophic injury claims
- Assist head of department with client care
- Assist head of department with business development as required
- Handling a small caseload of high value CICA cases and some smaller value MT cases
- To maintain a diary and bring up entries in accordance with the firms procedures.
- Making telephone calls to clients and witnesses both on new and existing cases
- Drafting witness statements and other file notes
- Attending clinics and other meetings with clients
- Dealing with telephone CMCs
- Preparing trial bundles
- Liaising with external bodies such as Courts, etc.
- Organising conferences and meetings
- Incepting ATE policies
- Giving oral explanations to clients regarding ATE insurance and CFA funding
- Managing and updating in-house databases
- Assisting with the incoming and outgoing post
- To contribute towards the development of the Department and Firm. To include preparation of articles for external newsletter and attendance marketing and social events. To identify and pursue your own marketing initiatives and those agreed upon with your supervisor
- Compliance within SRA and other regulatory frameworks including but not limited to Money Laundering Procedures and the Data Protection Act
- Maintains and develops communication between other fee earners, staff and representatives from own function/division and wider Simpson Millar group
- Builds and grows links to external organisations
- To work with a case management system, databases and normal office IT systems
Key KPI’s (Smart Objectives) plus SRA Core Competencies for role