Office location: Manchester
Department: Professional Negligence
Closing date: 08/04/2019
Role Purpose: To assist the day to day running of the team and assist other fee earners and secretarial admin staff across the office with all administrative and legal tasks as and when they arise to ensure an efficient and professional working practice.
- Ensuring the telephone is answered and callers are responded to appropriately, dealing with queries, taking messages and communicating and recording the messages efficiently whilst maintaining confidentiality;
- Data entry and up-keep of the in-house Case Management system, databases and normal office IT systems
- Making appointments and arranging meetings, hearings and conferences and ensuring meeting rooms are booked if appropriate, including diary management
- Preparing files for costing and liaising with external suppliers and firms internal accounts / costs department as necessary to ensure invoices and fees are paid and that files are promptly billed under supervision.
- Printing and assembly of all documentation and letters;
- Producing and sending out standard letters and documents to clients and third parties;
- Responsibility for creating tasks and ensuring the same are completed to include chasing clients and third parties whether by correspondence or telephone;
- Managing the upkeep and organisation of files and preparing bundles;
- Undertaking filing and copying to a high standard
- Managing the upkeep and organisation of files including closing files, archiving and checking.
- Making referrals to and liaising with external providers
- Liaising directly with clients where appropriate to take instructions and to progress matters
- Undertaking additional administrative duties as and when required by the Department.
Experience / Knowledge / Qualifications
- Proven experience of administrative work;
- Ability to work on your own initiative within a team environment;
- A well organised approach to work;
- An ability to work with a case management system, databases and normal office IT systems;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- A commitment to equal opportunities.