Finance Business Partner
Office location: Manchester
Closing date: 25/03/2019
Salary: Up to £55,000 Depending on experience
To co-develop and deliver organic and acquisition growth plans with Heads of Department / operations. To support and challenge the business through the injection of financial and commercial acumen, and through the provision of financial information and analysis in order to drive performance and efficiencies, and assist the Finance team in with operations-relevant financial reporting. rep. To understand the key business drivers and be able to explain the underlying financial performance to key stakeholders
- Work in partnership with operational teams to understand business drivers and contribute to operational strategy, including the development of organic and acquisition growth plans
- Provide input to month end processes including financial reporting and control
- Provide insight and context to each practice areas performance, achieved by working closely with the business
- Define, implement and maintain KPI reporting, in conjunction with the BI Team
- Involvement in systems improvement to ensure that Finance objectives are met
- Carry out regular FP&A / forecasting exercises and challenge outputs based on bottom up methodology
- Preparation of annual budget following a structured approach and timetable including presentation of this budget to stakeholders
- Analysis of underlying business performance to encompass billing, new matters, work in progress and write offs
- Provide technical and other support for mergers and acquisitions and integration activities and other projects as needed.
- Understand our products and product profitability.
- Provide early warnings of issues along with solutions / mitigating plans
- Involvement in ad hoc finance projects to drive continuous improvement
- Delivery monthly management information with commentary and analysis to each legal department
- Production of action plans and business cases as an output of tracking of performance (billing, WIP salary and costs) against budget
- Regular tracking and reporting of department performance
- Develop a good working relationship with Legal Heads of Department and the Management Team, evidenced by positive feedback
- Regular contact with the Practice Area Managers
- Attendance and presentation of finance section at the regular Practice Boards
- Regular contact with Heads of Legal Departments
- Ad hoc contact with the Senior Management Team, including CFO
- Regular travel to other offices in England, including Manchester and Leeds
Experience / Knowledge / Qualifications
- Qualified Accountant (preferred)
- Proven skills in production, analysis and reconciliation of management accounts
- Must be a strong communicator, comfortable with dealing with finance, non-finance colleagues and senior team members.
- Ability to demonstrate a wider set of communication skills including presentation, relationship building, negotiation and conflict resolution
- Ability to apply brought forward knowledge from other sectors - past legal knowledge would be an advantage
- Strong project management experience and willingness / ability to implement change
- Demonstrable analytical skills beyond the traditional functions of finance and ability to bring them to bear on a broad range of commercial issues
- Competent with excel and other Office applications – NAV experience preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and have close attention to detail.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo to bring about continous improvement