Role Purpose: An opportunity has arisen for an Administrator/Paralegal based in our Travel Law Department.
The successful candidate will be asked to assist with the preparation and administration work necessary within the department so as to proactively move Clients cases towards settlement.
This will involve working directly with several senior members of the Travel team in an extremely challenging and task driven environment, ensuring that Clients are updated and supported throughout the case lifespan.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Entering information accurately into a computer / case management system.
- An ability to adapt quickly to the demands of the Department and its lawyers’ needs.
- To provide Clients with on-going support and adhering to the highest standards of client care.
- Making telephone calls to clients and witnesses both on new and existing cases.
- Liaising with the New Business Team with regards to the opening of new files.
- Preparing trial bundles.
- Researching a company’s history.
- Liaising with external bodies such as Courts, etc.
- Organising conferences and meetings.
- Giving oral explanations to clients regarding funding.
- Managing and updating in-house databases
Experience / Knowledge / Attributes and Qualifications
- Good personal organisation and ability to adhere to strict time limits.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to deal with individuals from all walks of life.
- The ability to prioritise work when necessary.
- The ability to provide the highest standards of client care.
- To maintain a diary and bring up entries in accordance with the firm procedures.
- A willingness to participate in the development, marketing and success of the Department and Firm.
- Ability to obtain relevant information from all callers and answer their queries directly or refer as appropriate.
- Ability to work with a case management system, databases and office IT systems.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel Case and preferably Management systems and data entry.
- Knowledge of legal terminology.
- Ability to work within a team and independently to achieve results.
- Ability to work flexibly.
- Experience of Personal Injury work.
- Experience of advising people.
- Experience of dealing with people by telephone.
- Experience of working within Legal Sector.
- Experience of working with the general public.