Legal Secretary Catastrophic Injury
Working hours:37.5 Hours
Salary:Up to £23,000 Depending on Experience Hours
To assist the Catastrophic Injury Partner with all secretarial tasks as and when they arise to ensure an efficient and professional working practice.
An opportunity has arisen for a secretary to support our solicitors working in Serious Personal Injury Solicitors handling claims of the utmost severity. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the telephone is answered and callers are responded to appropriately, dealing with queries, taking messages and communicating and recording the messages efficiently.
- Data entry and up-keep of the in-house Case Management system (Proclaim), databases and normal office IT systems.
- Making appointments and arranging meetings, hearings and conferences and ensuring meeting rooms are booked if appropriate, including diary management
- Preparing files for costing and liaising with external suppliers and firms internal accounts / costs department as necessary to ensure invoices and fees are paid and that files are promptly billed under supervision.
- Dealing with audio typing, printing and assembly of all documentation and letters on complex Catastrophic matters.
- Arranging and organising the Partner’s consultations with Leading counsel and sometimes multiple experts and clients and organising and keeping Partner’s diary updated
- Helping to organise partner’s travel arrangements where appropriate
- Undertaking filing and copying to a high standard
- Managing the upkeep and organisation of files including closing files, archiving and checking.
Experience / Knowledge / Qualifications
- Proven experience of administrative work
- Ability to work on your own initiative within a team environment.
- A well organised approach to work.
- An ability to work with a case management system, databases and normal office IT systems.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A commitment to equal opportunities.
- Knowledge and interest in marketing and social media
- Ability to show empathy and patience with clients and their families who have suffered traumatic and serious injury
- Experience of working within a Personal injury Department or within a care or legal aid profession would
- be essential