The basic purpose of the job and its primary objectives:
To develop and provide high quality and relevant training courses and performance report materials for Simpson Millar employees.
To supervise the trainers to provide high quality and relevant training course and performance support materials
- Design and deliver a blend of engaging F2F classroom / virtual classroom / self-study / eLearning activities to support the identified learning need, whilst ensuring the desired outcomes and business needs
- Ensuring learning design and sign-off procedures are followed including but not limited to learning overviews, storyboards and scripts for eLearning.
- Design appropriate training materials in a variety of formats which are engaging and support the relevant learning and business needs.
- To carry out regular reviews to update and maintain all learning activities and materials to ensure they are kept up to date.
- Supporting the design and delivery of a blended induction programme to ensure quality and consistency in the new starter approach.
- Supporting operations managers with the implementation of a new starter on-boarding programme linking training to probation objectives to ensure quality and consistency across all job roles and departments.
- Ensuring departments learning requirements are identified and suitable learning interventions are sourced to meet the departmental, team and individual objectives.
- To partner with specific departments to build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Support line managers in their management of staff with practical L&D Solutions, ensuring they understand the options available to them to more effectively engage with and manage staff.
- The provision of specialist L&D expertise and advice to HR Business Partners and colleagues from business sections and operation managers.
- Collaborating with the Administration Team to manage the organisation and setting up of training courses via the Learning Management System.
- Monitoring and measuring team training and training statistics and reporting to the Head of Learning and Development.
- To complete staff probationary reviews, check-ins and career development where necessary.
- To support HR with staff recruitment.
- During transitions of change, acting as a positive firm role model, driving learning interventions to support change and helping staff to understand the rationale and guiding them to the end goal.
- Acting as an ambassador for our L&D team, driving consistency across all business areas.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest developments, best practices and trends in L&D to bring leading edge expertise to Simpson Millar.
- To assist with the efficient running of the office generally
- In addition, the employee is required to perform other responsibilities assigned by the Senior Management Team as requested.