Legal Processing Unit- Operations Executive
Working hours:Full Time Hours
Salary:Dependent on Experience Hours
- To distil and distribute MI to colleagues, highlighting areas for focus.
- To interrogate data and make recommendations based upon findings.
- To understand the client journey and make recommendations for improvement.
- To review system use with colleagues and make recommendations for improvement of both systems and the way in which it is used.
- To provide data analysis.
- To understand data sources and check data validity as required.
- Where appropriate, to provide additional MI to enable appropriate measures to be put in place.
- To identify and report back on issues affecting operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- To promote and drive a culture of full and appropriate data provision within the LPU.
- To assist in quality control and ensure that files are allocated to the right colleague.
- To understand pre-defined case plans and make recommendations for improvement.
- To monitor capacity and make recommendations on case allocation and recruitment needs
- To understand stated operational measures for the role, to include (but not exclusively):
- Cash collection
- Case durations
- Operational touch time
- To adopt a culture of openness, together with clear, consistent and full data provision within the working environment.
- To adopt, promote and encourage a positive and hardworking culture within the department.
- To help identify continuous improvement to the operational function with regards to process, commercial and tactical practice
- Support the continuous improvement and ongoing development of an automated, lean and efficient case workflow, under the overarching aim of reducing operational costs and shortening case duration times
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all firm and client documentation and information.
- Adhere to and to promote compliance to the professional Code of Conduct; to the firm’s policies, practices and procedures as set down in the firm’s Office Manual; to legislation applicable to the profession and to any relevant quality standards.
- To assist in the smooth transition of cases (‘right file, right fee-earner’) in particular by identifying any cases which might be subject to a non-fixed costs regime that could be dealt with in a more profitable area.
- Understanding and experience of key KPIs - billing, work throughput, case duration etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Committed organized and dedicated – able to cope with pressure
- Team player
- Excellent IT Skills with the ability to work with a Case Management System, databases and normal office IP systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Good knowledge and understanding of procedures and protocol
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity