Paralegal- RTA Technical
Working hours:Full Time Hours
Role Purpose: To Assist with a caseload of Road Traffic Accident Claims for senior staff and run a small straightforward caseload.
- Answering client calls and providing case information
- Taking clients instructions over the telephone and face to face, drafting correspondence, statements and documents, conducting case reviews and costs updates, and vetting new enquiries. Downloading completed dictation from the Typing Pool and marrying up with enclosures Printing letters, emails and documents, making ready to post/email to clients and filing on client files
- Time recording for self and supervisor where required.
- Knowledge and experience of Road Traffic Accident work, including procedural and practical skills
- To maintain a diary and bring up entries in accordance with the firm procedures
- To work with a case management system, databases and normal office IT systems
- Detailed knowledge of relevant forms and procedures
- Compliance with the firms Money Laundering Procedures
- Compliance with the Data Protection Act
Experience / Knowledge / Qualifications
- Good knowledge and understanding of RTA Portal/non Portal/Fast-track RTA work
- Excellent IT Skills with the ability to work with a Case Management System, databases and normal office IP systems
- Experience of working with the general public and a friendly, sensitive and cooperative approach to clients
- Good knowledge and understanding of procedures and protocol.
- Good practical skills, including proven negotiation skills
- Good personal organisation and ability to adhere to strict time limits.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to deal with individuals from all walks of life
- The ability to prioritise work when necessary
- The ability to provide the highest standards of client care
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
- Minimum 6 months experience of working within the RTA legal profession;
- Experience of dealing with people by telephone/in person